Monday, October 25, 2010

Imagination Exercise

When I was a kid, I was afraid of growing up because I thought I might lose my imagination. This caused me a great deal of anxiety until my mom bought me a magnet with the famous Lewis Carroll quote from Alice in Wonderland:
"I can't believe that!" said Alice.

"Can't you?" the queen said in a pitying tone. "Try again, draw a long breath, and shut your eyes."

Alice laughed. "There's no use trying," she said. "One can't believe impossible things."

"I dare say you haven't had much practice," said the queen. "When I was your age, I always did it for half an hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast."

This quote and my third grade P.E. class taught me that with a little exercise I didn't need to be afraid of growing up. My imagination was a muscle just like my biceps.  So, I'd like us all to flex our imagination muscles this Halloween. IR needs a costume idea! Dress up one of your copies IR in a costume and we will post the most imaginative ones as our Facebook profile pic. Send photos to inreview (at) indiana.edu with "Costume Contest" in the subject line.

Have an imaginative day!

--Alessandra

No comments: