Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Bluecast: Variations on Funk

In this edition of the Bluecast we've got a heavy dose of funk! Editor de funk, Abdel Shakur, reads from the funk feature editor note, Ross Gay gives a dazzling introduction, and then the real show begins: Aracelis Girmay, Tyehimba Jess (who knew he was so good on harmonica!?), Aimee Nezhukumatathil, and Patrick Rosal rip it. You got to hear this. Much of the work performed at the reading will be featured in our upcoming funk feature. Make sure you pre-order your copy today!



And here's a link to some mo' pictures

1 comment:

bethany said...

Hi Hannah,

I listened to the whole funk podcast, and I must say, it was extraordinary...and well worth the two times that I accidentally closed out of the web browser and had to start over. :)

So now I have some new favorite poets--hooray! Thanks for posting that; I hope everyone gets a chance to listen to it.

Bethany Carlson